skiplist db corruption

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Mon Jan 1 16:32:40 EST 2007

http://asg.web.cmu.edu/archive/message.php?mailbox=archive.cyrus-devel&msg=1072

> We still see this every now and then, most often with seen state databases.
> It's most often after an unclean shutdown, but I've seen it at other times
> as well. Has anyone got any more ideas on what might be causing this?

The linux people have found a long standing problem with mmap().
Citing from https://intevation.de/roundup/kolab/issue840:

This would fit our current observations that
using mremap would be irrelevant and that these
problems were not seen on FreeBSD or Solaris systems.