RFC: DIGEST=SHA1

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Thu Dec 27 08:05:25 EST 2007

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 01:21:50PM +0100, Alain Spineux wrote:
> On Dec 27, 2007 4:43 AM, Bron Gondwana <brong at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> > Why do I care?  I'm working on writing an intelligent
> > IMAP proxy that provides disconnected access to a
> > remote IMAP server while not needing disconnected
> > support in the local client.
>
> You mean a kind of "offline file" system ? In a  way that if I
> was running the proxy and a webmail on my laptop,
> I could work offline ?

Pretty much, yeah.  It will support both mail and file storage,
though you'll have to dedicate a reasonable amount of disk space
to it!  It's still very much work in progress at the moment -
but being able to talk to IMAP and SMTP backends is pretty
important of course.

You would be using a regular mail client rather than webmail,
at least in the first instance.  I'm not going to try and
squash the entire FastMail server infrastructure into this
thing!