deleted DELETE

David Carter dpc22 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Aug 30 05:19:33 EDT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007, Ken Murchison wrote:

>> Small bug fix (the p++ line) attached.
>
> Good catch.  I didn't look at the cyr_expire patch real close, since I
> assumed Fastmail was using it in production.  I know, I know, I shouldn't
> assume anything and test it myself.  Mea culpa.

Well, if Bron can spot bugs and blatant omissions in my patches and I can
spot bugs in his code, then peer review seems to be working. It would
probably work faster if we were all running Cyrus CVS rather than our own
private source trees. I hope to get there about this time next year.

There shouldn't be any embarrassment about broken code in CVS, so long as
we are able to generate a separate branch for emergency bug fix releases.
At the end of the day CMU's CVS repository is the canonical reference.
Trying to track third party patches (and patches to patches) is hard work.

David Carter                             Email: David.Carter at ucs.cam.ac.uk
University Computing Service,            Phone: (01223) 334502
New Museums Site, Pembroke Street,       Fax:   (01223) 334679
Cambridge UK. CB2 3QH.