deleted DELETE

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Wed Aug 29 18:32:09 EDT 2007

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 12:52:15 -0400, "Ken Murchison" <murch at andrew.cmu.edu> said:
> David Carter wrote:
> > On Tue, 28 Aug 2007, Ken Murchison wrote:
> >
> >> I just committed Bron's modified version of David's delayed delete
> >> patch, with a few small mods of my own.  The only externally visible
> >> change is I renamed "deleteprefix" to "deletedprefix".  I also
> >> removed/modified some of the option caching code.
> >
> > mboxname_isusermailbox() works on internal mailbox names. I don't think
> > that it needs to worry about IMAPOPT_UNIXHIERARCHYSEP.
>

> You're right.  I'm curious if Bron did this for some reason that were
> not aware of.

Defensiveness I'm sure.  That and I would be a lot happier if Cyrus was using
the principles from:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/Wrong.html

and used some sort of consistent naming scheme for internal names and user
visible names so you could tell at a glance which one you were looking at and
be see at a glance which one was being used.

I'd also be significantly happier if they weren't the same for the trivial
case of non-domain-split non-unix-sep mailboxes, because then there wouldn't
be the high risk of having the wrong style processing code still look right
in basic testing.

  brong at fastmail.fm