[Fwd: Re: Cyrus IMAPd, auxprop and canon_user plugins?]

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Fri Sep 29 10:57:43 EDT 2006

Igor,

 > You will need to write a custom cyrus imapd authorization module or a
 > sasl canon plugin.

Thank you for confirming that!

Some people claimed it could be done by using sasl-regexp stuff in
OpenLDAP together with ldabdb auxprop plugin alone. I came to the
conclusion that I don't see how this might work, which is what you're
saying.

Now I have to decide wether I will write a canon_user or an auxprop plugin.

I have indeed done some successful prototyping with a canon_user plugin
using the norealm.c example from Diego Rivera [1]. But I wonder if I
could handle this inside the ldapdb auxprop plugin as well.

Inside the auxprop plugin, I have the LDAP connection and the object
against which I authenticate anyway. So it would be very easy to read an
extra attribute from that object and use it as the canonicalized username.

The question is: Can an auxprop plugin override the username?

Regards,
Torsten

---

[1]