Cyrus server problem

neelu_dhiman at persistent.co.in neelu_dhiman at persistent.co.in
Mon Sep 4 11:35:54 EDT 2006

Hi
I have installed and configured cyrus-imapd-2.3.7 on my Linux
Fedora Core 4 machine according to
http://www.helsinki.fi/atk/viestin/mappi/cyrus/install.html. I
have made all the necessary entries in difference files also.
But I am not able to run my server using  telnet
<myserveraddress> imap. I get the error "Connection refused".
I am also not able to run the test
/usr/local/bin/imtest -p <myserveraddress> imap. Here I get
the error "failure: Network initialization - can not connect
to imap:" What can be the problem? Can you please guide me
what I could have missed out?
Thanks,
Neelu

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems Pvt. Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.