skiplist db corruption

Robert Mueller robm at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 13 18:29:57 EST 2006

> We've seen corruption caused by 2 diferent sources:
>
> - fail on allocation of memory: linux can negate mmap's with plenty of
> memory free. There was a patch to use remap instead of unmap / mmap again,
> but we never tested it;
>
> - there is some sort of race, that shows up in (real) smp boxes (dont
> count HT in smp);

We haven't seen either of these problems, and we run SMP systems and kernels
(mostly dual x HT processors, so 4 logical processors). It's usually more
system crash related, though we have seen it even after "clean" restarts of
cyrus (eg KILL -15 masterpid). It annoying since the files are supposed to
be "transaction safe".

Rob