Cyrus Replication on 2.3.7

Mike mike at uniserve.com
Thu Jul 20 20:17:28 EDT 2006

Hello,

I'm having some issues getting replication to work using Cyrus 2.3.7 on
CentOS 4.3 (x86_64).

On the master, I have in my imapd.conf file:

--snip-

configdirectory: /u/imap

sasl_pwcheck_method: saslauthd

sasl_mech_list: PLAIN

unixhierarchysep: yes

lmtp_over_quota_perm_failure: yes

partition-default: /mstore1a/cyrus/p0

partition-p0: /mstore1a/cyrus/p0

partition-p1: /mstore1a/cyrus/p1

partition-p2: /mstore1a/cyrus/p2

partition-p3: /mstore1a/cyrus/p3

partition-p4: /mstore1a/cyrus/p4

partition-p5: /mstore1a/cyrus/p5

partition-p6: /mstore1a/cyrus/p6

partition-p7: /mstore1a/cyrus/p7

partition-p8: /mstore1a/cyrus/p8

partition-p9: /mstore1a/cyrus/p9

poptimeout: 1

admins: cyradmin

sievedir: /u/imap/sieve

sendmail: /usr/sbin/sendmail

hashimapspool: true

virtdomains: yes

defaultdomain: test.com

sync_host: x.x.x.x

sync_authname: cyradmin

sync_password: password

--snip-

and added "syncclient     cmd="sync_client -r"" in the start section of the

cyrus.conf file.

and on my replica, I have "syncserver      cmd="sync_server" listen="csync""
in my

cyrus.conf file.

When I try to run sync_client -r -v from the master server, I get the error
message

"Can not connect to server 'x.x.x.x', retrying in 15 seconds"

(the sync_host does actually match that server)

Just to rule out anything dumb on my part:

sync_host is the ip/hostname of the replica server?

sync_authname is an admin from the "admins" list on the replica server?

sync_password is the password for that user?

>From the replica, I see the sync_server process get spawned, and the
"cmdloop(): startup",

the sync_client process just spins. I'm assuming due to authentication
issues?

The setup seem relatively straight forward, so I'm not sure what I missed.

Any help would be great.

Mike