IOERRORS -- the saga continues

Perry Smith pedz at easesoftware.net
Tue Feb 7 17:29:25 EST 2006

Ken,

I am not sure I answered your question before.

I went back and used Mac's tcpdump utility to look at the data coming
over the wire.  It is *not* clear text.  So, I am assuming it is
using Kerberos to encrypt the data.  If I still have not answered
your question, I can either dig further into the code and/or ask some
Mac guys on the net -- but I've not found Mac guys that really know
the details like this.

Looking at prot_fill in prot.c, s->saslssf is true when the client is
authenticating using Kerberos and false when the client is using
"password" (which I assume is clear text password authentication).

Perry