imap IOERRORs on Mac OS X Server

Perry Smith pedz at easesoftware.net
Fri Feb 3 13:02:46 EST 2006

I posted this to question to info but got no response so I am trying
this list.  Sorry for the duplication.

I'm new to this list and new to Cyrus.  I have a problem on a Mac OS
X 10.4.4 Server.  The problem may be due to something that Apple has
added but I've been unable to get help from any of the Apple forums.
It may be that someone on this list can figure out the problem but
more than likely, if someone on this list can give me a debugging
approach, I think that may help a great deal.

The problem seems simple: I get IOERROR's unexpected end of file.  I
also get SQUAT failed to open index file (and just SQUAT failed).

I have tried reconstruct -r user/pedz several times.  I've tried
deleting via the mail client the mail box.  I *think* it is always
the "Deleted Messages" mail box that gets clobbered but I'm not
sure.  Some of the IOERROR end of file messages come when it appears
that IMAP is looking through the user settings.

Apple has things so that "reconstruct -m" does not work (its not
supported -- it just replies back immediately with a not supported
message.

I've also tried blowing away /var/imap and doing the mkimap.  I am
doing the reconstruct and the mkimap as cyrusimap (Apples cyrus/imap
user).

This is a fresh install of Mac OS X 10.4.4.  I've tried reinstalling
and the problem keeps happening.

Note: I also get errors from sieve not being able to find files but I
am assuming that is not a major problem and (I'm assuming) not
connected to this problem.  I mention it just in case it is important.

ANY HELP... would be much much appreciated.

Thank you,
Perry