Cyrus 2.4.8alpha1 Released

Bron Gondwana brong at fastmail.fm
Sat Apr 2 05:10:10 EDT 2011

We are pleased to announce the release of Cyrus IMAPd 2.4.8alpha1

You can download it from the snapshots directory:

http://www.cyrusimap.org/releases/snapshots/cyrus-imapd-2.4.8alpha1.tar.gz

This is an alpha release in the 2.4.x series.  It's been done so quickly
because there were bugs with patches in bugzilla that were missed for 2.4.7,
and one bugfix (LIST "" user) was broken in 2.4.7.

Here is the relevant part of changes.html from this release (since it's not
clicky linkable on the website)

Changes to the Cyrus IMAP Server since 2.4.7:

* Bug #3428 - allow charset argument to "thread" to be quoted
* Bug #3429 - fixed mupdate crash
* Bug #3404 - had crept back in! Fix LIST "" user properly
* Bug #3388 - fix reconstruct internaldate flap when file hardlinked with different internaldates
* Bug #3410 - don't require a partition on murder frontends
* Bug #3406 - fix compile on FreeBSD
* Bug #3415 - fix nntpd
* Bug #3390 - add 'proc_path' config variable
* Bug #3364 - allow setting unlimited quota through a proxy server

Please send any feedback to the cyrus-devel mailing list.  I'm hoping to have
a stable 2.4.8 out soon.

Regards,

Bron.