Arjuna Returning to Service

Alexander Bills abills at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Aug 15 13:38:47 EDT 2023

Hi Everyone,

Arjuna is returning to service. The power outage at PSC resulted in some
filesystem issues which took us some time to debug. There has been a very
small amount of filesystem corruption for running jobs as a result of this
event, however, *if you have not received a direct message from me, then
all of your data should be fine (we believe only running jobs were
affected). *However, this should serve as a reminder to constantly *back up
your critical data*, especially given that the Viswanathan group is moving
and maintenance is likely to take longer in the future.

Looking forward, again given that the Viswanathan group is moving this
fall, we may go down again next week to do a bit of preventative
maintenance since we will no longer have easy physical access to the
cluster. We will update you if we do this.

Cheers, and Happy Computing,
the Arjuna Admin Team