alice-teacher Error message when running Alice 3.4

Mohammad Saleem Yusuf saleem_yusuf at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 17 23:56:43 EDT 2019

Hello,
Once a year we hold Girls Technology Day at NHTI. This year it is on Tuesday, 3/19.
I have downloaded the latest version, created a very simple project. Sometimes it runs, but the Scene View goes blank and displays the following error message: “rendering disabled for performance considerations”. I have high-end Dell Precision workstation with solid state drive, a high end video card and 64 GB or memory.

I am not sure why I am getting this error message. I never got this message with previous release or with projects that were created with Alice 3.2 (?)
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Saleem

Professor Mohammad “Saleem” Yusuf
IT / Software Development
Farnum building, room 110
Phone: (603) 230-4000 x 4344

[NHTI Logo]
NHTI - Concord's Community College
31 College Drive, Concord, New Hampshire 03301