alice-teacher Programs Crashing upon open

Don Slater don at alice.org
Tue Apr 16 15:49:45 EDT 2019

Elizabeth,
I am sorry.. it is hard to know what is going on without being present or to see the projects.

I would recommend that as soon as your students start a project, before doing anything else, they save their project. This starts the automatic backup process in Alice 3 (saving a copy every 10 minutes or so) so that even if the project crashes, there will be backup versions that the students will be able to open and use, with a minimum of loss.

These are Alice .a3p files and can be opened and run within Alice.

If you can think of any other details that might be helpful (similar elements, props, characters, etc) please send them along.

Alice Project