alice-teacher Alice 3.5 Released

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Apr 10 14:41:58 EDT 2019

Dear All,

I just wanted to send a note to let everyone know that a new version of Alice 3 has been released (3.5).  It includes some performance improvements as well as feature updates and bug fixes.  We have not officially rolled the import model feature into our core release so please continue to use the beta version and report any finding to us.  Worlds built in that build should open in the main release at this time.  We will update that version with all of these improvements as well:

Feature Improvements:
	•	One Shot list in scene editor now includes all possible procedures
	•	sModel type now supports say and think (shapes can now talk!)
	•	The compare list was extended to include color and paint
	•	The Default number list now includes 0 (seems simple but something I have been wanting for a while)
	•	Added set and get indexed value into procedure and function list for all array properties
	•	Improved bounding box for camera to enable for collision and proximity events
	•	Improved ability to open an Alice world from save file

Bug Fixes:
	•	Fixed a striation of textures when objects are in close proximity
	•	Key Events were blocking when multiple listeners used same inputs this has been resolved to insure all key events are processed
	•	Fixed an issue that was causing functions with nested conditionals to return a false “missing return value”  that was requiring unnecessary code to resolve.
	•	Fixed an issue that was causing odd behavior when scaling and resizing box objects
	•	Vehicle not reporting as error when correctly implemented
	•	Marker buttons are now updating correctly when making a selection change
	•	Fixed issue with square dune resource breaking worlds

Performance Improvements:
	•	Improved code execution to continue running in more cases
	•	Cleaned up several recoverable errors that resulted in angry queen and other performance issues

NetBeans Bug Fixes
	•	Fixed bugs on NetBeans project import and code generation.
	•	Fixed NetBeans bugs for incorrect order of operations and processing parentheses that affected conditionals and math

As always please continue to send us your bug fix and feature requests.  We continue to work on them to improve your experience.

Sincerely,

Eric