alice-teacher Fwd: Alice Contact: You need Alice support or want to report a bug

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Sep 17 12:45:32 EDT 2018

Everyone,
From: https://developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/ <https://developer.apple.com/macos/whats-new/>

Deprecation of OpenGL and OpenCL
Apps built using OpenGL and OpenCL will continue to run in macOS 10.14, but these legacy technologies are deprecated in macOS 10.14. Games and graphics-intensive apps that use OpenGL should now adopt Metal. Similarly, apps that use OpenCL for computational tasks should now adopt Metal and Metal Performance Shaders.
Metal is designed from the ground up to provide the best access to the modern GPUs on iOS, macOS, and tvOS devices. Metal avoids the overhead inherent in legacy technologies and exposes the latest graphics processing functionality. Unified support for graphics and compute in Metal lets your apps efficiently utilize the latest rendering techniques. For information about developing apps and games using Metal, see the developer documentation for Metal, Metal Performance Shaders, and MetalKit. For information about migrating OpenGL code to Metal, see Mixing Metal and OpenGL Rendering in a View.

I take it from this that Alice will still run on the new Mac OS (Mojave, 10:14)?

Later,
Don Slater