alice-teacher Alice 2.5 and Windows 10

Keith Golebie kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us
Fri Mar 16 10:37:58 EDT 2018

Eric/Don,

I have update all PC's (Windows 10 - fully updated) to the new versions of
2 and 3. I'm am only experiencing issues with 2 on the initial program load
- weird quirk with the lower right-hand corner of the window, to adjust the
size (I sent this one in already), experiencing an occasional hang on the
refresh of the screen after re-sizing. (see attached) and some computers
asking to install DirectPlay. If I choose to install it, Alice works fine,
If I choose not to install, Alice works just fine as well. If I do not
install, it does not ask again on the next restart. It only asked me to
install DirectPlay on 3 or 4 computers, I updated 20.  We have used both in
class for three days now, and have not experienced any other issues. I had
the students open programs previously created and run them to test both
versions, no one has reported any other issues.

Keith

Mr. Golebie

kgolebie at ellwood.k12.pa.us

Computer Technology Teacher