alice-teacher Remodeling Alice 2 Characters

EDIMEK PETER dandelionspea at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 17:14:17 EDT 2018

Hi there,
   I am an CS teacher in Nigeria,  and I'm about to start a summer class
using Alice to teach programming.  My audience will be mixed (different
ages) because all who are interested are invited to attend.
   I thought of creating an animation in which I will use to explain
Arrays. The human classes in the Hawii folder perfectly fitted the story I
had in mind.
   But I encountered a problem when I started capturing poses for any
'human' object - their right hands always looses it orientation when you
try to change the pose. And you can never get it back to the original
position.
   I have some knowledge in modelling and animation, so I was wondering if
there is a way to edit them and possibly correct the problem of
orientation. Some objects I found in the folder (Hawii) do not have their
hierarchy properly arranged.
   I've seen the tutorial on how to create new models and import them into
Alice and I would love to do that but time isn't on my side.
   Is there any way around it, or could it be the end of the road?
Any idea is sincerely appreciated!

Sincerely,

Edimek Peter