alice-teacher Alice Workshop Save the Date

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Feb 2 17:04:49 EST 2018

Dear All,

I hope everyone is off to a great start in the new year.  A couple quick updates from the Alice Team.

We have officially booked space here at CMU so we can start to advertise our summer workshop.  This year we will again be hosting an Alice 3 workshop.  It will be on the week of July 16th to the 20th.  We are working to get the official registration page up up but please save the date or reach out to us with any questions.  We may yet offer another workshop but wanted to circulate this one as soon as we had it confirmed since many people may already be making summer plans.

I also want to use this announcement to inquire about other opportunities that people may know of for Professional Development or even Summer Camps.  We are very interested in helping to promote other summer opportunities for Alice so please let us know of any opportunities in your area so that we can help broadcast them to the community and list them on our website.

We are in the very last QA passes of what we hope are going to be our release candidates for both and Alice 2 and Alice 3 update.  Thank you very much for everyone who has helped us beta test the new Alice 2 version to help us deal with the new High Sierra release causing us troubles.  Again please reach out to us if you or your students need this version ASAP but we are counting down the days till we broadly release it.

We have been working hard to support our regional competition here and it has given us a great opportunity to learn from a lot of local educators and refine and update many of our supporting materials.  We have been continuously posting them so please take a look and we have many more that are on the way.  Again if there are specific things we can be focused on don’t hesitate to let us know.

As always thank you so much to all of you for supporting us and each other.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric Brown