alice-teacher Alice 2 "Current method will not be called" warning

Vanderhyde, James vanderhyde at sxu.edu
Fri Mar 17 13:01:29 EDT 2017

Don, you are correct; the only problem is the warning itself. The Alice program runs as expected.

James
—
James Vanderhyde
Assistant Professor, Computer Science
Program Director, Master of Applied Computer Science
Saint Xavier University
3700 W. 103rd St.
Chicago, IL 60655
773-298-3454

On Mar 17, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Donald Slater <djslater107 at mac.com<mailto:djslater107 at mac.com>> wrote:

James,
You continue to stretch the system, and find things we did not know that are there. This is something we will have to look at…

This does not interfere with execution of the program after the warning box is closed, correct? I am sure that you are aware that when the Play button is clicked, Alice does does look through the program and identify methods that have been created and not called (as this is a relatively common non-student error). ButI suspect that it only looks through the program code, starting at my first method, and the events editor.

This is a more subtle problem, and and is probably not an easy fix, as it will require that Alice look at every object in a scene for object-event linkages. But hopefully it is not as a big of a problem as I fear. We will look into it.

Thank you,