alice-teacher What is best or elementary school students?

Michael L Owen MrGrog at outlook.com
Thu Jun 1 15:04:12 EDT 2017

Hi Cinthia-

For elementary school students I would recommend Alice 2.  The interface is much easier to navigate, the objects are  more standardized, and this much it easier for your students to focus on the type of logical thinking skills that are necessary to become accomplished coders.

Things to keep in mind:

  1) You might need a Computer Lab with necessary software pre-installed, and separate folders for each student.

  2) Internet access to the Alice, and the on-line tutorials available there.

On a side note: Check the middle school and high school curriculums for applicable upper level CS classes, and let them know what you are doing. I'm sure they would be happy to hear what you have planned.

Mike Owen