alice-teacher Alice 2 expression dragging

Donald Slater djslater107 at mac.com
Tue Jan 31 13:52:50 EST 2017

That is interesting… To be honest, I was not even aware that you could copy it to the clipboard… I am wondering if the direct copy / move of the expression is prevented because of the complexity of checking the validity of the types? Copying from the clipboard already has the type-checking built in? I was not around for the implementation decision, so I cannot speak knowledgeably, but that is the best guess that I have at the moment. I will let you know if I learn anything else…

And because I am curious, I checked this in Alice 3, and Alice 3 does not even allow copying of expressions to the clipboard. Any attempt to do so copies the entire statement.

Thank you for pointing this out.