alice-teacher Merging separate Files in Alice 3 to create 1 story

Pigatt, Yvonne ypigatt at ccbcmd.edu
Thu Jan 12 10:05:23 EST 2017

Thanks Eddie, good information.

Vicky

-----Original Message-----
From: alice-teachers [mailto:alice-teachers-bounces+ypigatt=ccbcmd.edu at lists.andrew.cmu.edu] On Behalf Of Sharick, Edward via alice-teachers
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2017 8:15 AM
To: Alice educators <alice-teachers at lists.andrew.cmu.edu>
Subject: Re: alice-teacher Merging separate Files in Alice 3 to create 1 story

Hey all,

I've done a few different group projects and this is what I've found. Besides using .class files and sharing the code through this method, there is no way to merge scenes. Encourage students to write as much of their code in the class files and then have one scene where they develop the animation. They can import code into the .class files and instantiate objects that will have the methods that they wrote. Then they just need to call those methods in the main project file somewhere.

If it's 3 finished projects, they could export them to video files and merge the video files together.

Hope this helps,
-Eddie

Edward Sharick
Conestoga High School