alice-teacher Alice 3.3 on Windows 7 32bit

Tom Stokke tstokke at cs.und.edu
Thu Sep 22 12:46:01 EDT 2016

Hi Bill,

We have Windows machines, so YMMV. Having said that, if I remember correctly, there is one file that gets updated every time you open Alice 3. I believe it's an error or log file in the base directory of Alice (c:\program files\Alice 3 for us). You need to be able to write to that file, which of course, is in a folder where the admins really don't want uses to be able to write. I'm not a security guy, so I can't remember if we changed that permissions just for that file or for the whole folder, but that fixed our problems with Alice not loading.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Tom Stokke
Assistant Professor