alice-teacher Happy Halloween from the Alice Team

Eric Brown ewbrown at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Oct 20 15:22:50 EDT 2016

Dear All,

I wanted to share our recent blog post that has an amazing video created by our lead artist Laura.  It serves as a reminder of the great gallery content that can be used for Halloween themed projects.  Take a look.  I promise you will be amazed at her efforts.

http://aliceprojectcmu.blogspot.com/2016/10/happy-halloween-from-alice-team.html

Going back to a thread that occurred a little while back on video capture I wanted to share that we do have in our pipeline improvements to the native video capture process as well as code export in Alice 3.  I will be reaching out to the community for feedback as we move those projects forward for input and updates (no timeframe as of yet).  Don has pointed out in the past that windows now has a native video capture and on mac you can use quicktime but I also wanted to share what we used for this video to get a good quality capture:

https://obsproject.com

Open Broadcaster Software worked fairly well and is free.   We may try to put together a quick how to for basic settings and capture it if it would be helpful.

In response to the “I haven’t heard anything since 10/1” post,  I hope that means that everyone is having a great semester and Alice is working great.  In the event it isn’t don’t be shy about reaching out to this community.

Sincerely,

Eric

Eric Brown
Alice Project