alice-teacher Fwd:

Donald Slater dslater+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sat Nov 14 10:00:31 EST 2015

Yes, the arms position on the model affects the height (and the width and depth, when the arms are turned to the front, or to the side.) See the attached world as an example. (I moved the model up in the air as well to make clear that height is not determined by the relationship to the ground).

A possible solution would be to create two variables for the girl’s and the samurai’s height before you run the program, and use them instead of using the getHeight function.

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
Entertainment Technology Center
700 Technology Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Email: dslater at cmu.edu <mailto:dslater at cmu.edu>

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton