alice-teacher setting up alice 3 in a VM enviornment

Patricia Lapczynski rsm srpat at misericordia.edu
Wed Nov 11 11:29:34 EST 2015

Hi

Any help would be helpful.

Our computer lab is a virtual lab running VM View - zero clients

   -  windows 7, 64 bit, 2GB RAM, dual core CPU's, with video accelerator cards

We have no problem with Alice version 2

But Alice 3 crashes for no apparent reason and if 17 students are on the system over 75% crash.  And the crash is not pretty the software just closes with no error message.

As I am trying to use this software in conjunction with the Java programming course it is a huge disappointment that Alice 3 is not working.

So my question - has anyone ever successfully set up Alice 3 to work in a virtual computer lab.  If so could they please email me.

thanks

srpat

Dr. Patricia H. Lapczynski RSM
Computer Science and Information Technology
Misericordia University
Dallas Pa 18612
570-674-6367

Go RedSox in 2015