alice-teacher Middle School Programming Contest

Heidi Kunselman hkunselman at d92.org
Thu Nov 5 15:33:03 EST 2015

Just wanted to reach out and see if anyone knew of any computer programming
competitions that were available for elementary or specifically middle
school that does not involve robotics. STEM has many, but I haven¹t seen
anything for just programming. Any suggestions?

I have been teaching Alice 2 for quite a few years and I am beta testing
Alice 3 this year with a few students. I am really excited about using Alice
3/Java in my classes next year after taking the Alice 3 summer workshop.
(Thank you Don and Wanda, it really helped in building my curriculum ! It¹s
an ongoing project and I¹m loving every minute of it !)

Any help would be appreciated,

Heidi Kunselman
Technology Teacher
Oak Prairie Junior High

³Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change
the world;
indeed it is the only thing that ever has.²
    -Margaret Mead