alice-teacher How to debug in Alice

Leonel Morales litomd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 15:17:24 EST 2015

Hi,

I guess you are using Alice 2.x, print statement is not included in
Alice 3.1 (I really miss it)

Other options for debugging:

- Use a small text object and update frequently with values of
variables or any other information
- Have an unrelated object in a corner and use the say method to show
relevant information
- Stop all action under a condition you set, by having a boolean
variable that is constantly checked by you code so when it turns on
all stops until it is false again, and get some input from the user to

If code gets extensive then debugging can be complicated.

Regards,

Leonel