alice-teacher s Digest, Vol 54, Issue 9 Maya at Elementry School

Robert Durtschi robert.durtschi at gcsu.edu
Wed Feb 18 06:21:13 EST 2015

You didn't mention which varient of Alice you are using. Alice 2 is much easier for the novice to grasp and is good for Elementry school and non-CS (Computer Science) majors at college, which is where I come in. Alice 3 is more oriented towards those who wish to advance towards a CS career.  I am teaching from Alice 2.4.2.

One of the features I like about Alice is every 15 minutes it prompts you to save your Alice World.  You dont have to wait 15 minutes. You can save at any time by clicking on the File button at the top left of the Alice window and choosing Save World.

You can set how long to wait before the Save prompt by clicking on the Edit button next to the File button, choosing Preferences (only choice) and clicking on the "Seldom Used" tab.

Best
Bob Durtschi

Message: 1