alice-teacher move objects around in scene setup

Donald Slater dslater+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Wed Dec 2 08:04:24 EST 2015

This is a known problem with Alice 3, one that we are working on, but it is a source of frustration for us.

Sometimes moving the camera a bit helps… We are starting to think that in some, let me emphasize not all, cases the bounding boxes of other objects in the scene may be causing some interference…

There are some work arounds…

Using a shift-click and drag will move an object up and down, and using a control-click (option-click on a Mac) and drag will turn an object left and right…

You may also use the one-shots, by right-clciking on an object and select procedures from the drop down menu, or the one-shot menu and selecting procedures in the object control panel in the right panel of the Scene Editor.

In the meantime, we will continue to work on this problem.

Thank you for your patience, ad please keep us posted...

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213