alice-teacher Importing a part of object, unable to move in world

Nick Montefusco nick.montefusco at hnths.nthls.com
Tue Dec 1 12:39:34 EST 2015

Greetings all,

I'm running into an issue with Alice 2.4. Whenever me, or my students save
a part of an object.  (for instance, a pole from the traffic signs)  and
then import the object into our world.   We are unable to move the object.

Is there a easier fix for this?  I'm assuming it has something to do with
the model's center being modified.

A temporary, but painful solution has been assigning that part as a vehicle
to another object (A shape )  and then setting that shape's property is
showing to false, when we are done moving it where it needs to be moved,
but it is very tedious.

Thank you!

--
Nicholas Montefusco