alice-teacher Disney explains why its 3D animation looks so realistic

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 3 16:10:44 EDT 2015

This was a pretty cool little animation… This will provide some insights as to what the rendering engine has to do behind the scenes... We do not employ the same solutions as Disney, but we have to solve the same sets of problems.

Disney explains why its 3D animation looks so realistic
http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/02/disney-explains-hyperion-renderer//?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget&ncid=rss_semi <http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/02/disney-explains-hyperion-renderer//?utm_medium=feed&utm_source=Feed_Classic&utm_campaign=Engadget&ncid=rss_semi>

Alice Team
Carnegie Mellon University
5000 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15213

Email: don at alice.org

I have learned this at least by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
--- Henry David Thoreau

The true object of all human life is play. -- G.K. Chesterton