alice-teacher Grading Rubric

EILEEN PELUSO Pelusoem at lycoming.edu
Fri Sep 12 18:52:26 EDT 2014

I have course materials for a 2-week unit in Alice 2.x that includes rubrics.  The link to a .zip file containing them can be found here:  http://www.lycoming.edu/~pelusoem/Sabbatical2010/

I do a 13-week half-credit course where I take a similar approach for weekly assignments.  The final project is significantly larger and spans the last 2-3 weeks of the semester.  I've attached the documents I use.  The first is a description of the project that contains a rubric that the students are to fill out.  They have 60 pts. of required features that they must put in their world and then they can earn up to 40 more points by putting in other features that they've learned over the semester.  The rubric helps them figure out how to earn points, but it especially helps me find those components when I'm grading.  The second is an overall rubric - they can earn up to 100 pts for their world plus more points for showing their work along the way, points for a written description of their world, and points when they present it to the class.  The final is worth 150 points in total.