alice-teacher Alice 3 in Action With Java - Text

Ron Guillemette rgilmet123 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 10:23:20 EDT 2014

I am using it during my second semester.  During the first semester I am
using Alice 3 in Action: Computing through Animation.  I taught Alice 2.4
last year and this seems like a good transition to Alice 3.  It focuses
more on the game design aspect of programming rather than linking Alice to
Java.  Next semester I will be using the Learning Java through Alice 3 2nd
Edition to transition to Greenfoot.  I am hoping that this will make the
transition easier.  I like that the terminology is consistent throughout.
Last year my classes loved working with Alice 2.4.  I am hoping for the
same reaction.

Ron Guillemette

Computer Technology and Game Design
The Regional Career & Tech Center @ Coventry High