alice-teacher Alice 3.0 - getJoint Function

Frank Hulsman frankhulsman at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 10:00:37 EDT 2014

In Alice 3.0, I have a student who inadvertently changed one of the functions of a quadreped and now we cannot figure out how to get it back to the original code.

Details:
1.  He added a dragon to his scene.
2.  In the function getLeftWingBase, it had a return statement of return this.getJoint(LEFT_WING_BASE)
3.  He changed it to return this.getLeftWingBase

Question:  How can we restore this function to its original code?

Affect:  Every dragon we add, even new ones, has the revised, incorrect code.
If we export a dragon from another computer, and import the class, the incorrect function is not repaired.
If we export the modified dragon, to another computer, the imported dragon has the incorrect code.

Frank Hulsman
St. Xavier High School
Louisville, Ky 40217
frankhulsman at yahoo.com