alice-teacher Alice 2. - waters filling up?

Laurie Solomon Cohen lscohen613 at aol.com
Mon Nov 3 22:36:25 EST 2014

There are also sounds already programmed in with many if not all of the animals. For example, the mouse already has a squeak, the cat has a meow, the chicken a cackle, etc. We did find, however, we are having problems with them always working. If we add in Mouse and another Mouse (Mouse2), and go to Properties, there will be the Mouse squeek for Mouse2 but it's not there for Mouse. Same thing happened with chicken. One student won't have the sound for Cat, but another student has it.
All students are using the same 2.4.2 program, which should all have the same sounds built in,  right?

OH---and in terms of the water filling up, several of my students (7th graders) figured out on their own the rising rainsto go up above the ark! Two options:
- change the texture of the ground to water, then move the ark down
- there is an Object : Wateringhole (although it isn't found when Searching for some reason) and you can move that up above the ark

Laurie Cohen
Yeshiva of Greater Washington High School
Silver Spring, MD