alice-teacher Graphic Computer Programming Additional Curriculum

Edward Bujak edward_bujak at hotmail.com
Thu May 15 11:41:32 EDT 2014

Studying computer languages is a worthwhile endeavor, but I would not do this in the intro CS course; especially for non-CS majors.
I do agree that this is important when trying to understand how the high level code maps into assembly ... especially for speed and efficiency considerations.  It is eye-opening to deliberately write a "bad" code snippet and critically analyzing the assembly -and- follow that that with a "well" written snippet.
I do not believe optimizing compilers is an excuse for writing bad code.  😏
--Ed BujakCSTA>>Philly - VP