alice-teacher Alice 2 Workshop -- Introduction To Alice

Don Slater djslater107 at gmail.com
Wed May 7 10:40:53 EDT 2014

Susan,
Thanks for your interest…

I would suggest that you start with Alice 2.x.

It is a less complex piece of software, with more available support materials at this time

There is a built in tutorial that everyone can try, and you may also want to go through the tutorial posted on our website. This has both video demonstration files and .pdf files walking students through building a simple world

	http://www.alice.org/index.php?page=HourOfCode/GarfieldTutorial

This will introduce everyone to the Alice fundamentals…

I think you will also want to visit the website maintained by Dr Susan Rodger at Duke University… There are many resources here that I think you will find helpful…

	http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice/aliceInSchools/

Let me know if you have any other questions after reviewing these materials…

There are also the curricular materials available at http://www.aliceprogramming.net, although they have been designed for older students. But your mileage may vary ;-).