alice-teacher Putting together an interactive presentation

terry morley terrymorley2002 at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 12:56:39 EDT 2014

Hi,
We loaded Alice on desktops in a separate room and visitors were invited to the room. Maybe laptops could work in your situation.

Terry Morley
Technology Teacher and Coordinator
Mater Dei Catholic School
493 E. Main Street
Lansdale, PA 19446
215-368-0995
On Friday, May 2, 2014 8:48 AM, Christy Horner <christy.horner at gmail.com> wrote:

With the end of the school year approaching, our school is putting on a Presentation Night where parents and students are invited to view and interact with our work in various classes (art, science, music). This is our first year having an Alice class, and I want to put together an interactive display that allows people to play the games the students have written in class. The goal is not only to show off the students' work, but to encourage younger students to sign up for next year's class.

We are using Alice 2, and I have tried exporting the programs to html and then running it in a webpage. However, when I load the page, I always get an InvocationTargetException, and I can't get it to print a stack trace. I can successfully export to a movie, but that defeats the purpose of having people play the games.

My final idea is to run the Alice development environment on a laptop and have people run games through that. I think that would be more difficult for the users, though. Does anyone have a better idea? How have you done these kinds of presentations in the past?

-Christy Horner