alice-teacher delay question

Wanda Dann wpdann at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Jun 3 11:22:23 EDT 2014

On 6/2/2014 10:29 AM, JOHNSON JULIE M. wrote:

> I do not want the user to be able to press the arrow buttons on the
> keyboard to start a race between two objects until the countdown is
> finished.  I tried a delay in the event listener but it did not work.
>

> Perhaps use a boolean variable to track whether the countdown is
> finished. Declare a property variable for the Scene class and set it
> to false... see image here:
>

> countdownComplete variable

       Then use the variable to prevent the arrowKeyPressed event
listener from taking action until the boolean variable becomes true, as
shown here:

boolean must be true or arrow press is ignored

Of course, you will need to set the variable to true when your countdown
is completed.  Then, the arrow keys will become active.