alice-teacher Cookie Set Vehicle

Steve Cooper coopers at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Jan 24 15:39:44 EST 2014

It is likely the case that the cookie was originally not on the stool. In
setting up the scene, first re-size the cookie by 4 times (it is very
small). Then have the cookie moveTo the stool.

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 11:14 AM, Karen Vitek <
karen.vitek at spackenkillschools.org> wrote:

>  We are working in Alice 2.4 on the exercise from Chapter 4 where the
> tortoise picks up a cookie off the stool. In the solution file it shows the
> cookie's vehicle being set to the Tortoise's right forearm. We have had the
> cookie go flying when we try this! Even when I try to replicate the
> solution file it does wacky things.
>
> Karen A. Vitek
>  Computer Studies Teacher
> Spackenkill High School
> 112 Spackenkill Road
> Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
>

> 845-463-7810
> Email: karen.vitek at spackenkillschools.org
>
> Web: Mrs. Vitek's Teacher Page<http://galileo.dcboces.org/icampus/course/view.php?id=829>

Steve Cooper
Associate Professor (Teaching), Department of Computer Science
Associate Professor, School of Education (by courtesy)
Stanford University
353 Serra Mall
Stanford, CA 94305

http://www.stanford.edu/~coopers