alice-teacher : can Alice be used to develop mobile apps?

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Fri Jan 17 10:39:24 EST 2014

This is not possible in Alice 2…

Worlds built in Alice 3 can be imported into Netbeans, which converts them into the appropriate Java classes. So theoretically, they could be invoked as a Java activity. But the student will also need to link the appropriate Alice libraries, and it is not clear to me that those libraries have the appropriate API’s for mobile apps. I suspect not at this tome, but I will check with the development team.

Later,
Don Slater