alice-teacher recursive calls locking up

Don Slater dslater at andrew.cmu.edu
Thu Jan 9 13:10:30 EST 2014

Sandy,
I am not quite sure that I understand what is going on… Is he mistakenly creating the recursive call, and it locks up when the error message appears, or is he trying to deliberately move the recursive call to another section of his code?

I am not sure that reinstalling Alice will solve the problem in either case, but I cannot re-duplicate the error if I am not quite sure what is going on. You may send me a copy of the student’s code if you think it will help.