alice-teacher Alice 2.4 Anomaly

Bob Husson hussonb at cravencc.edu
Wed Feb 19 09:22:54 EST 2014

I am using the latest Alice 2.4.1 in a programming/web/database foundations class.  I am using the Cengage Herbert text, 2nd Edition. In Tutorial 3, there is an example program "two ballerinas.a2w"  used to demonstrate events.  This program runs as advertised in 2.3.5, but not in 2.4.1 (Windows 7 both times).

The While the World is Running event is not keeping the pink ballerina moving.  When the B key is pressed, both ballerinas turn, not just the pink.  And both of them have world as their vehicle.

Let the bug gang have a go at this, or am I missing something.

Enjoying the give and take from this list.  Getting good tips and resource links.

Bob Husson
MS Computer Science, The Johns Hopkins University
AB Mathematics, University of Notre Dame
CTI Software and
Web Development Instructor
Faculty Advisor
Craven Community College
252-638-7349
www.cravencc.edu

"Think Green" before printing this e-mail.

E-mail correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the North Carolina Public Records law and may be disclosed to third parties.