alice-teacher CURRICULUM

reed-m reed-m at harris.k12.ga.us
Tue Dec 9 15:48:39 EST 2014

I've used both 2 and 3, my kids and I prefer 3.  I used to start with 2 and move to 3, but now I just start with 3.

There are several options for curriculum, on the website there is a link to the Oracle and Curriki curriculum.  I have used Duke University in the past, this time I used Oracle.  Personally, I felt the Oracle went too slow.  Duke isn't quite as step by step as the Oracle.  I teach only about 2-3 weeks of 1 ½ hour classes, so I felt Oracle was too slow for my purposes.  This is the link for the Oracle curriculum: https://academy.oracle.com/self-study/alice/index.html
Here is Duke: http://www.cs.duke.edu/csed/alice/aliceInSchools/
Here is the Curriki curriculum: http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Group_IntroductiontoProgrammingwithAlice/WebHome

Hope that helps!

Memory Reed