alice-teacher HELP! Mac OS updated and now Alice won't open

Sandy Graham sandyg at gvtc.com
Wed Oct 30 14:38:03 EDT 2013

One of my students has an Apple laptop.  He recently updated his operating
system and now Alice won't open.  He just tried redownloading the program
from the www.Alice.org web site, but that didn't help.  The error message
reads:

                "Alice" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified
developer.

                "Alice" is on the disk image "Alice2.3b-2.dmg". Safari
downloaded this disk image today at 1:18 PM from www.alice.org

All we changed with the download is the date and time of the download in the
error message.  I really don't know Macs very well at all.  Can anyone
please help me figure out how my student can get back into Alice, which was
working just fine before he updated his operating system?  The update is
called OS X Mavericks.

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Your sister in Christ,

Sandy Graham