alice-teacher Global Variables s Digest, Vol 39, Issue 1

Robert Durtschi robert.durtschi at gcsu.edu
Thu Oct 3 06:38:25 EDT 2013

If you are using Alice 2.3 you can make a "global" variable by putting it in the World Properties tab.
Click on World in the object tree then click on the properties tab.
Use the create new variable button. In my quick test to make sure it works I created a new number variable named globalVar =1
I added a bunny object and dragged "bunny turn left" into the edit window.
When it asked for "amount" I chose "expressions"
The only choice at that point was world.globalVar

To set the varible
click on world in the object tree
from the properties tab drag globalVar into the edit window.

This can also be done from within a method in the bunny object. I created a bunny.turn() method and dragged the instructions into its edit window.

Here's the relevent code:

Methods
  world.my first method ( )
    No variables