alice-teacher Digital Media Academy?

Sandy Graham sandyg at gvtc.com
Mon May 13 01:26:56 EDT 2013

Don, I have a 7th grade student who is about to finish the book. Other than the chapter on recursion which he struggled to fully get his brain wrapped around, he did amazingly well and created beautiful, elegant and impressive programs. His family's budget is very tight, though. He would have to have complete scholarships to get to go to a camp. He has two siblings with dwarfism which complicates family life and uses finances for medical bills. I'm not sure his parents would allow their young son to travel alone, either. He is the first student I've ever had that I really thought could work for Pixar or Disney someday.  I'd love to show you samples of his work, but he wanted to tweak the programs before he'll let me share them. I invited him to study straight java to take the AP test as an 8th grader, but he only wants to study animation.

Any suggestions for
1.) scholarshipped summer camps, maybe with a chaperone, too? I'm thinking with his computer programming teacher!!
2.) What he should study next, even an on-line course?

Thank you!!!

Sandy Graham
Sent from my iPhone