alice-teacher Dynamic object creation in an Alice world

André Gustavo Schaeffer andre_schaeffer at yahoo.com.br
Fri Jul 26 10:26:50 EDT 2013

Hi all!

Is it possible to make the creation of dynamic objects in an Alice world?
For example, in a simulation, within a loop, I want a car pass every 5 seconds (or variable period of time) through the screen.
For each one, if they can’t go ahead due some reason, they will have to wait in a queue (a street intersection with a traffic light, for example).
But I don’t know how long the simulation will take.
So, I don’t know how many cars to drag to setup the world.
In Java there are methods for dynamic creation and destruction of objects, dialog boxes, etc..
Is it possible to do this in Alice (version 2 or 3) ?

Thank you!

Andre Gustavo Schaeffer
andre_schaeffer at yahoo.com.br
https://sites.google.com/site/andregustavoschaeffer